Diana knows that Yoga works and offers tools to live life to the fullest. Her mission is to share the art and science of Yoga, so that others can benefit from its healing, uplifting, and transformative power. She began teaching Yoga in 2005 and is an Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher (E-YRT) and Continuing Education Provider (YACEP) with the Yoga Alliance. She is certified in Synergy Yoga, Skanda Yoga, and Gentle Therapeutics Yoga. She also holds a MA in Speech Communication, has perspective from living on five continents, and makes it a point to keep getting on her mat and to laugh everyday.
Diana Dalton instructs the following:
Slow Flow Yoga (All Levels)
A gentle and restorative vinyasa class.
Whether you are new to yoga, pregnant, working with an injury, healing from illness or looking to explore yoga’s therapeutic side, this gentle class will refresh, relax and center you. Each class includes asana (postures) using props to support, pranayama (breath exercises) and meditation practiced in a loving environment with individualized instruction tailored to your needs. Increase vitality and reduce stress with this restorative class.
Yoga 101: Yoga for Every Body!
Join us for a 3 part Introduction to Yoga series taught by Diana Dalton!
This program is designed to introduce new yoga students to the basic yoga techniques in a slower paced, informative and supportive environment. Students will gain a strong foundation in the practice of yoga that prepares them to take care of themselves and enjoy the benefits of any yoga class. Increase flexibility, strength and peace in the body and mind, have fun and experience the bliss of leaving class feeling better than when you arrived. Come find out what all the fuss is about!
The Workshop series will be held on three consecutive Saturday afternoons in July for 2 hours and will cover:
- What is Yoga? (history/philosophy/benefits)
- Basic breathing and mindfulness techniques
- Warm up poses, including sun salutations
- Basic standing postures to cultivate strength and balance
- Simple, feel-good back bends to cultivate mobility in the spine and to awaken energy
- Sitting postures, like forward bends, for flexibility and to calm the nervous system
- Restorative ending poses for relaxation
- How to safely modify poses and use props to support and assist you in your practice